Wednesday, November 15th, is National Philanthropy Day! This day is celebrated each year to shine a spotlight on the importance of working together for the common good. As a private nonprofit organization, our shelter relies on philanthropic deeds from our supporters to continue providing vital services to those in need. Acts of philanthropy can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, see below how you can help HSVC this National Philanthropy Day!
Donate funds or supplies - No amount is too small to make a difference! Your contribution can help us provide food, shelter, medical care, and more to homeless animals in need.
- Celebrate Giving Tuesday early this year! You can help us hit our $10,000 goal by donating now to support HSVC. Those who donate $100 or more will receive a FREE Woofs, Hooves, and Whiskers 2024 Calendar. Click the button below to donate.
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wishlist or Chewy Wishlist
- Drop off in-kind donations directly to the shelter, located at 402 Bryant St. in Ojai, any time Monday - Saturday between 10 am - 5 pm. Our animals are always in need of clean towels, blankets, toys, and pet food.
Volunteer - We have so many volunteer opportunities for our animal-loving friends! Contact the shelter via email at [email protected] for volunteer inquiries or at [email protected] if you are interested in fostering.
- Visit our volunteer page to learn more about how you can become a general volunteer with HSVC
- Rally your troops and make a difference together by volunteering as a group! Our shelter welcomes groups on-site to assist our staff with all kinds of volunteer tasks. Groups may also perform philanthropic deeds offsite by hosting a food drive, a toy drive, or raising money within their network.
- Business owners can host an event at their location to benefit HSVC
Spread the word - You can help make a difference with just one click! Be sure to like, comment, and share our posts on social media to help spread the word about all things HSVC. The more people that know about National Philanthropy Day, the better!
Share your story - Inspire others to #adoptnotshop by sharing your rescue pet's story online! Millions of homeless animals enter shelters each year, and you can help them find their forever homes by sharing your adoption success story.
From all of us at the HSVC, thank you for showing support for our shelter and loving animals in need!
Do you like this page?