The HSVC is very excited to announce that after several months of closed doors, we are officially OPEN! Visitors are welcome to stop by the Shelter any time during business hours Monday - Saturday from 10 am - 5 pm to walk through and visit the animals.
Please review our updated guidelines prior to visiting the Shelter.
- Masks are required to be worn when on site. Thank you for your cooperation!
- When arriving at the Shelter, please first sign in at the front office.
- If you are interested in adopting, please state the name(s) of the animal(s) you are interested in meeting.
- If you are stopping by just to look and/or socialize, please note you may not be permitted to interact directly with the animals unless a staff member permits.
- Visitors are not permitted access to any buildings on site unless accompanied by a staff member and are required to wear a mask when entering any building. This is for the safety of the public, our staff, and the animals.
- Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the Shelter and only after completing a staff supervised meet and greet. The HSVC is not accepting online applications at this time.
- If you have any additional questions, please find the nearest staff member to assist you or call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 before arriving.
- Volunteers: We are only allowing Animal Ambassadors to volunteer at this time. For general volunteer inquiries, please visit our volunteer page or contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Fraza, at [email protected]
A few things to consider…
- Please be mindful of signage throughout the Shelter and ask a staff member if you have any questions.
- A meet and greet appointment DOES NOT guarantee adoption.
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Ventura County is dedicated to promoting the health, safety, welfare, compassionate care, and protection of all animals through education and community outreach programs.