The Humane Society of Ventura County is NOW OPEN to the public! Please review our updated guidelines prior to visiting the shelter.
- When arriving at the Shelter, please first sign in at the front office.
- If you are interested in adopting, please state the name(s) of the animal(s) you are interested in meeting.
- If you are stopping by just to look and/or socialize, please note you may not be permitted to interact directly with the animals unless a staff member permits.
- Visitors are not permitted access to any buildings on site unless accompanied by a staff member and are required to wear a mask when entering any building. This is for the safety of the public, our staff, and the animals.
- Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the Shelter and only after completing a staff supervised meet and greet. The HSVC is not accepting online applications at this time.
- If you have any additional questions, please find the nearest staff member to assist you or call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 before arriving.
- Volunteers: Volunteers are welcome back to the shelter after completing an online training course and orientation. For more information, please visit our volunteer page or contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Fraza, at [email protected]
A few things to consider…
- Please be mindful of signage throughout the Shelter and ask a staff member if you have any questions.
- A meet and greet appointment DOES NOT guarantee adoption.
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Ventura County is dedicated to promoting the health, safety, welfare, compassionate care, and protection of all animals through education and community outreach programs.