The Humane Society of Ventura County is NOW OPEN
to the public from 10 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Saturday. Reminder – We are closed Sundays.
Please note the following restrictions and safety guidelines before visiting the Shelter:
- Masks are required when visiting the Shelter. We also ask you to please practice social distancing when possible. Please do not come to the Shelter if you have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19.
When arriving at the Shelter, please first sign in at the front office.
- If you are interested in adopting, please state the name(s) of the animal(s) you are interested in meeting.
- If you are stopping by just to look and/or socialize, please note you will not be permitted to interact directly with the animals unless supervised by a staff member.
- Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the Shelter and only after completing a staff supervised meet and greet. The HSVC is not accepting online applications at this time.
- Please do not enter any buildings on site unless accompanied by a staff member. This is for the safety of the public, our staff, and the animals.
- If you have any additional questions, please find the nearest staff member to assist you or call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 before arriving.
- Volunteers: We are only allowing Animal Ambassadors to volunteer at this time. For general volunteer inquiries, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Fraza, at [email protected]
A few things to consider…
- A meet and greet appointment DOES NOT guarantee adoption.
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Ventura County is dedicated to promoting the health, safety, welfare, compassionate care, and protection of all animals through education and community outreach programs.