The Humane Society of Ventura County is performing adoptions and meet and greets by appointment only from 10 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Saturday (closed Sundays). Please call the shelter at 805-646-6505 to make an appointment. See below for updated protocols and guidelines:
- Those interested in adopting with us to should first visit our website (hsvc.org/adopt) to view our available animals.
- If you see an animal you are interested in, please call the shelter at 805-646-6505 to schedule a meet and greet appointment. We are no longer open for public walkthroughs to visit the animals. You must have an appointment to visit with an animal.
- Guests must wear a mask at all times on HSVC property. Further mask mandates may be enforced according to HSVC regulations.
- Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the shelter and only after completing a staff supervised meet and greet. The HSVC is no longer accepting online applications or drop-ins at this time.
A few things to consider…
- A meet and greet appointment DOES NOT guarantee adoption.
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
- The city of Ojai is very hot in the summertime. Please bring your own water and dress appropriately to avoid any heat-related illnesses when visiting the shelter for your appointment.
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Ventura County is dedicated to promoting the health, safety, welfare, compassionate care, and protection of all animals through education and community outreach programs.