We have exciting news to share! The Humane Society of Ventura County is now open to the public for staff-guided viewings of the animals. Guided viewings will be available from 10 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Saturday (closed Sundays).
Please see below for guided viewing protocols and guidelines:
- We ask those interested in adopting with us to first visit our website to view our available animals prior to visiting the shelter.
- Upon arrival, a staff member will be available to sign visitors in at a table directly outside the front office. Guests must be signed in with their name, phone number, and animal(s) they are interested in for a guided viewing of the animals.
- Kennel staff will perform guided viewings according to the order of the sign-in list. Viewing times may be limited and visitors are not permitted to touch the animals at this time. However, visitors interested in adopting a specific animal may request to have a supervised visit in a play yard.
- Guests viewing cats/kittens must wear a mask when inside the cat and kitten room. Further mask mandates may be enforced according to HSVC regulations.
- Those interested in adopting an animal may fill out an adoption application at the front office. Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the shelter and only after completing a guided viewing. The HSVC is no longer accepting online applications at this time.
A few things to consider…
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
- Submitting an adoption application DOES NOT guarantee adoption. We thoroughly review every application to ensure we find the perfect home for each of our animals.
- The city of Ojai is very hot in the summertime. Please bring your own water and dress appropriately to avoid any heat-related illnesses when visiting the shelter.
Do you like this page?