The Holiday Season is a wonderful time of year but can also be dangerous for our pets. Keep these simple things in mind and you and your pet will both have a happy holiday.
Although it may be tempting to give your pet a holiday treat, under no circumstances should they be given turkey bones. The small bones or fragments of the bones from a turkey can become lodged in your pet’s throat, stomach or intestines.
Mistletoe, Poinsettias and Holly are poisonous when eaten. Keep them out of reach of your pets.
Decorations and Electrical Cords:
Holiday decorations should be hungwhere curious pets can’t reach them. A broken glass ornament could mean an unexpected trip to the vet to remove glass from a paw or tummy. Tinsel and ribbons can cause intestinal injury if injested. Holiday lights mean electrical cords for kittens and puppies to chew. Be sure to secure cords out-of-the-way.
Make sure that candles are not within an excited dog’s tail wag or a swat of a paw. Hot wax can quickly become a serious injury. Anchor candles securely.
Keep your chocolate goodies well out of reach of your dog or cat. Too much can be lethal and even a little can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Secure your Christmas tree to the wall to prevent it from being knocked over by rambunctious or climbing animals.
Stress and Company:
Make sure doors to the outside are kept closed so that curious pets can’t escape.Warn visitors that your normally friendly pet may be feeling anxious with all the comings and goings. Ask your visitors to keep their food and drinks out of reach of your pets. Provide a safe place for your pet to retreat to if needed. We wish you and your pets a safe and happy Holiday Season.
Do you like this page?