This week we celebrate National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week! Each year, the first week of November is designated to honor animal shelters across the country and their hardworking staff. We want to use this time to recognize our dedicated HSVC team and the incredible work they do each day to protect animals. Thank you for all you do!
"When I think about National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week, I think about how there are no better people to be around than the staff and volunteers of this animal shelter, the Humane Society of Ventura County. Year-round, there is a solidarity of purpose that simply isn’t found anywhere else, and I think it’s because not only are we caring for the animals at the shelter, but we also know we have to advocate for them individually. Shelter staff and volunteers quickly develop an amazing way of reading animals and communicating with them so that they get what they need.
The investment of time, energy, thought, emotion, and spirit that animal shelter staff and volunteers give back to the mission is second to none. And it’s not easy. Whether it’s the kennel staff, marketing, fundraising, office staff, programs & education, investigations, or the clinic, everyone shows up at HSVC with an animals-first mindset, and a commitment to finding the best ways to serve the animals on a daily basis. Thank you to animal shelter staff and volunteers everywhere, and particularly to the staff, volunteers, and Board of the Humane Society of Ventura County," said HSVC Executive Director Eric Knight.
Animal shelters are vital in providing resources for both the animals and the people of their communities. The HSVC is no exception, as our many programs and services offer low-cost resources to anyone in need. Our Spay & Neuter Clinic provides low-to-no-cost spay/neuter, vaccination, and microchipping services for the public's animals. HSVC's Pet Pantry programs supply free pet food to help keep animals in their homes and out of shelters. Our Humane Educator visits schools to share knowledge about pet care and animal welfare, and our three badged Humane Officers investigate cases of animal abuse, neglect, and cruelty.
Additionally, HSVC is a safe haven for displaced animals during times of emergency. We provide boarding and care for animals in need at no cost to their owners. Our shelter is also a temporary home for homeless animals. Shelter staff work tirelessly to ensure our furry friends are well cared until they are matched with their perfect home.
These crucial services would not be possible without our devoted HSVC team. This National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week, join us in showing your appreciation for our fantastic staff and shelter! Supporters can express their gratitude for HSVC in a variety of ways:
- Adopt your next furry family member from HSVC. "Rescued" is our favorite breed!
- Donate funds or supplies. Your contribution can help us provide food, shelter, medical services, and more to homeless animals in need.
- Visit our website to donate online, or mail your donation to 402 Bryant St. Ojai, CA 93023.
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wishlist or Chewy Wishlist
- Drop off in-kind donations directly to the shelter, located at 402 Bryant St. in Ojai, any time Monday - Saturday between 10 am - 5 pm. Our animals are always in need of clean towels, blankets, toys, and pet food.
- Volunteer or foster with us! Contact the shelter via email at [email protected] for volunteer inquiries or at [email protected] if you are interested in fostering.
- Like, comment, and share on social media! Even if you are unable to adopt a shelter pet, you can help us spread the word to someone who can!
Thank you for supporting the Humane Society of Ventura County and shelter animals in need!
Do you like this page?