GET INVOLVEDAdopt a Pet Volunteer with HSVCWays to GiveReport Abuse Foster Program Planned GivingAction CampaignsSpread the Word Connect With Us Social Media
NEWS AND EVENTS
WHAT WE DOAdoption ServicesClinicEmergency ServicesEducation Lost and Found ID Tags and Licensing Pet Assisted Therapy Pet Food Pantry
The Humane Society of Ventura County is Hiring!
The Humane Society of Ventura County is on the search for qualified applicants to join our team! Please visit our website for details on the positions available and our hiring policies.
The Humane Society of Ventura County is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and promotes equality in the work place. We are seeking individuals with exemplary character and skills to help us accomplish our mission of promoting the health, safety, welfare, compassionate care and protection of all animals through education and community outreach programs.
Please visit the shelter at 402 Bryant Street in Ojai during business hours to apply. No phone calls please.
-Humane Educator - Part Time
September 9, 2017-Open until filled
Seeking an enthusiastic youth development professional to lead our Humane Education and other youth programs (e.g. seasonal camps, school visits, school tours, etc.). The candidate will plan, develop, implement and evaluate the organization’s humane education and youth programs with the primary goal of promoting responsible pet ownership and compassion for all living things. The candidate will also teach children and adults the importance of spaying and neutering and promote concepts of philanthropy and community involvement. Bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English. Associates degree in education or related field * Minimum of one year experience in teaching. Apply within. For more information on our Humane Education program CLICK HERE.
-Kennel Attendant - Full Time
September 9, 2017 - Open until filled
Performs services related to the health and well-being of animals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Observe animals to detect illnesses and injuries and notify the Kennel Manager.
- Assist the public in finding a compatible pet.
- Assist in animal intake and cage transfers.
- Feed and water all animals according to schedules.
- Rotate all dogs throughout the day to the exercise yards.
- Transfer animals to and from the clinic.
- Keep kennels cleaned throughout the day.
- Bathe and groom animals as required.
- Follow procedures to keep our animals comfortable in inclement weather.
- Inspect cages, pens and grounds for cleanliness and structural defects.
- Restock supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Genuine compassion for domestic animals and wildlife.
- Works well and communicates effectively with the general public, other staff members and volunteers.
- Uses good judgement.
- Flexible, capable of working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets written and verbal instruction and procedures.
- Able to lift and/or carry animals and materials weighing at least 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, walk, run and extend arms above the shoulder.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Combination of indoor and outdoor environment. Environment may include exposure to: chemicals used for cleaning and medical purposes, noises, odors, pet dander, and animals (including those with uncertain dispositions). Protective gear is required when appropriate (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.). Varied schedule, work on weekends and/or holidays may be required.
Do you like this page?