The Humane Society of Ventura County operates a low-cost Spay and Neuter Clinic at its Shelter in Ojai. Appointments are necessary and can be made by calling (805) 646-6505 or (805) 656-5031.
No food after midnight. Keep fresh water available at all times.
-Animals must be left at the Clinic between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. the day of the appointment. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a secure pet carrier.
-They must be picked up between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Unless prior arrangements are made, animals cannot stay overnight.
Due to social distancing guidelines we have new policies in place for the safety of our clients and staff:
- If you have COVID-19 or have possibly been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, please postpone scheduling your pet’s appointment until after the quarantine period.
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please postpone scheduling your pet’s appointment for a minimum of 14 days after your recover.
- Please print out your pet’s surgery admission form ( found below under "Admission Forms & Post-Surgery Instructions") and fill it out prior to your pet’s appointment. Bring this form when dropping off your pet for surgery. If you do not have access to a printer, we will provide you with a form at drop-off.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your pet’s appointment. A staff member will come to collect your admission form and pet and answer any questions you may have. If you do not see a staff member within a few minutes of arriving, please honk your horn once.
- It is mandatory that you WEAR A MASK to your pet’s appointment. Please limit the number of people of people in your car to those essential to your pet’s transportation.
- If your dog is nervous or aggressive around strangers, please have your pet muzzled upon arrival. Inform the staff ahead of time so we can make appropriate accommodations.
- We request that you pay with a credit card for your pet’s services. Our staff will call you around 1:00 p.m. to obtain payment information over the phone. Other forms of payment will be accepted.
- Please review your pet’s post-op surgical instructions below. Please review any questions you have with our staff over the phone at the time of payment.
- Please stay in your car and wear a mask when you arrive to pick up your pet. Our staff will bring your pet to your car upon arrival. If you do not see a staff member within a few minutes of arriving, please honk your horn once.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Pricing is generously subsidized by donations, grants, and sponsorships. If you require additional financial assistance please speak with a staff member at 805-646-6505 when scheduling an appointment. For information on our Feral Cat Program please CLICK HERE.
- Male cat: $40
- Female cat: $50
- Dogs 5-25lbs: $75
- Dogs 25-50lbs: $100
- Dogs 50-80lbs: $120
Dogs 80 pounds or over will be on a case by basis. No dogs under 5 pounds.
ADMISSION FORMS & POST-SURGERY INSTRUCTIONS
If you would like to fill out admission forms and bring them with you please click below: