The Humane Society of Ventura County is currently CLOSED to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes access to all buildings and walkthroughs to visit the animals. We are performing adoptions and meet and greets by appointment only. Please call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 to schedule an appointment.
Please note the following restrictions and safety guidelines before arriving at the Shelter for your scheduled appointment:
- We ask those interested in adopting with us to first visit our website to view our available animals prior to scheduling your appointment. If you see an animal you are interested in adopting, please call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 to schedule an appointment to meet them.
- Masks are required when visiting the Shelter. We also ask you to please practice social distancing when possible. Please do not come to the Shelter if you have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- When arriving at the Shelter, please first sign in at the table outside the front office. Do not enter the building. A staff member will come out to assist you. This is for the safety of our staff, the public, and our animals.
- Adoption applications must be filled out in-person at the Shelter and only after completing a scheduled meet and greet. The HSVC is not accepting online applications at this time.
- If you have any additional questions, please find the nearest staff member to assist you or call the Shelter at 805-646-6505 before arriving.
- Volunteers: All volunteer opportunities are paused at this time. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Fraza, with any questions.
A few things to consider…
- A meet and greet appointment DOES NOT guarantee adoption.
- Guidelines and protocols are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone unwilling to comply with HSVC guidelines and protocols.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.