GET INVOLVEDAdopt a Pet Volunteer with HSVCWays to GiveReport Abuse Foster Program Planned GivingAction CampaignsSpread the Word Connect With Us Social Media
NEWS AND EVENTS
WHAT WE DOAdoption ServicesClinicEmergency ServicesEducation Lost and Found ID Tags and Licensing Pet Assisted Therapy Pet Food Pantry
HSVC Animal Friends Camp
Parents MUST read the Summer Camp Handbook
and Camp Descriptions before registering!
Animal Friends Camp
Ages: 7-10 years old • Dates: Tuesday-Friday; June 20th-23rd • Time: 10am-2pm •Maximum: 8 campers
Learners will focus on the 4Cs- Care, Communication, Compassion & Community.
- Every day we will reflect on these words and how the words connect to life at the animal shelter. Learners will tour the shelter and surrounding neighborhood to be more aware of our local community.
- Learners will be asked to reflect on their own care and ideas about interconnectedness.
- Activities include outdoor wildlife exploration, animal observations, cooking for your animal friends, community building, and reimagining everyday items with the goal of turning them into animal and nature-inspired art. This camp is best suited for youth interested in animals, care of the environment and community involvement.
Please note: This is not a sports camp and physical activities are limited due to space restrictions, heat, and the safety of the children, and animals. There is no running allowed in the shelter spaces. Please be aware that the shelter changes rapidly and we cannot guarantee shelter animal interactions. Daily interactions with shelter animals are only available when the animals are ready for interaction.
Objectives of Camps:
- Inspire youth to become socially responsible for the love of the environment, animals and people
- Learn more about how to care for domestic and wildlife animals in our local community
- Explore ideas and concerns of community wellness through collaboration and critical thinking
Arts & Crafting Goals:
- Use materials that can be repurposed, recycled, reimagined and use mindful thinking & creativity
- Creating something new from old materials
Friday's Camp Experiences (registration required):
- Friday, June 23 - 10:15-11:15 am
- VCAS Bunny Brigade: Rabbit Interactions and Adoption Information
- Friday June 30th - 10:15-11:15 am
- Moorpark Teaching Zoo: Zoo Animal Ambassadors Presentation
- Friday, July 7th - 10:00-12:30 pm
- Canine Messenger & Special Last Day of Camp/Community Day
If you would like more information, please contact: Angie Chupek Sagliani [email protected] /805-364-1350.
June 20, 2023 at 10:00am - 2pm
Humane Society of Ventura County
Angie Sagliani · · 805-364-1350