Thank you to the Ojai Valley News for nominating the Humane Society of Ventura County for the best of the Ojai Valley in three categories, Best Pet Supply, Best Customer Service, and Best Non Profit! This award will honor the Ojai businesses that not only excel at bringing customer satisfaction, but also gives back to the Ojai Valley Community by making it a better place for all.
Ojai is a unique place to live and we are fortunate to be part of such a progressive and compassionate community that prides itself on its individuality as well as an infectious collective spirit. Since the Humane Society of Ventura County moved to its Ojai location in 1982 we have worked diligently to make a positive impact on our community. We are committed to providing the highest quality care for our animals and the public we serve. We strive to maintain an inclusive environment where everyone who walks through our doors is treated with dignity and respect. We believe that together through education, generosity, and action, we can collectively increase the level of awareness for animal welfare throughout Ventura County.
The following are the many services we offer that we believe make a difference in the lives of people and animals:
- Complete families through low cost adoptions
- Reduce pet overpopulation with our low cost spay and neuter clinic
- Cultivate community engagement and responsibility through our volunteer program
- Teach responsible pet care and respect for all living creatures through our Humane Education programs
- Humane Officers who protect at risk animals by educating the public and enforcing animal protection laws
- A Pet Food Bank that provides free food to low income pet guardians
- Reuniting lost pets with their families
- Providing compassionate care options and end of life care
This distinguished honor has not been awarded yet! Please follow the link to show your support for the Humane Society of Ventura County and cast your vote today!
VOTING ENDS SEPTEMBER FIRST!