GET INVOLVEDAdopt a Pet Volunteer with HSVCWays to GiveReport Abuse Foster Program Planned GivingAction CampaignsSpread the Word Connect With Us Social Media
NEWS AND EVENTS
WHAT WE DOAdoption ServicesClinicEmergency ServicesEducation Lost and Found ID Tags and Licensing Pet Assisted Therapy Pet Food Pantry
HSVC Animal Adventure Camp
Parents MUST read the Summer Camp Handbook
and Camp Descriptions before registering!
Animal Adventure Camp
Ages: 10-13 years old • Dates: Tuesday-Friday; June 27th-30th • Time: 10am-2pm •Maximum: 8 campers
Learners will focus on the 4Cs- Care, Communication, Compassion, & Community. We will collaborate as a group to come up with ways to best serve the animals, environment, and people in our local communities.
- Learners will tour the shelter and surrounding neighborhood to be more aware of our local community.
- Learners will be asked to reflect on their own care and ideas about interconnectedness.
- Activities include practicing cast making, animal observations, food preparations for healthy eating, nature walks and quiet reflections of self and place, sustainable arts and crafts activities and creating cat castles or designing rooms and creating miniatures for reimagined animal rooms.
- This camp is best suited for youth interested in animals, care of the environment, and community involvement.
Please note: This is not a sports camp and physical activities are limited due to space restrictions, heat, and the safety of the children, and animals. There is no running allowed in the shelter spaces
Objectives of Camps:
- Inspire youth to become socially responsible for the love of the environment, animals, and people
- Learn more about how to care for domestic and wildlife animals in our local community
- Explore ideas and concerns of community wellness through collaboration and critical thinking
Arts & Crafting Goals:
- Use materials that can be repurposed, recycled, reimagined and use mindful thinking & creativity
- Creating something new from old materials
Friday's Camp Experiences:
- Friday, June 23- 10:15 - 11:15 am
- VCAS Bunny Brigade: Rabbit Interactions and Adoption Information
- Friday June 30th- 10:15-11:15 am
- Moorpark Teaching Zoo: Zoo Animal Ambassadors Presentation
- Friday, July 7th 10:15-11:15
- Canine Messenger & Special Last Day of Camp/Community Day
If you would like more information, please contact: Angie Chupek Sagliani [email protected] /805-364-1350.
June 27, 2023 at 10:00am - 2pm
Humane Society of Ventura County
Angie Sagliani · · 805-364-1350
Sorry, this event is sold out.